22 January 2022

Jesus Christ Superstar 2018

Dave Hamilton came and talked to me in early 2018 about doing a new version of Superstar more as a rock concert with a live band onstage and wondered if I would be interested. The college was looking for groups to partner with as they had cut the Theatre program back to a few courses and one production a year. Dave persuaded Tahoe Arts Alliance to partner with LTCC. I said I'd do it if the college would let me use it as a sabbatical project which they did.

It had been 20 years since we had done the last production. We barely got enough people to cast it. I ended up playing Jesus this time which was fun, and we got Saundra Witt and Sharon Kerrigan as Mary and Judas which was a little bit of a different take. Dave went with a cross between post-apocalyptic and steampunk for the concept. Meg Peart designed an awesome logo that we used for the poster and programs.

Larry Sabo took some fabulous pictures one night, and Tim Parsons gave us a nice feature in Tahoe Onstage.

No comments:

Post a Comment