02 November 2021

Classical Singer 12/4 (April 1999): 18-19.

I came across this journal, Classical Singer, and could not figure out why I had saved it. After paging through it a little I found an article by Cynthia Vaughn whose name struck a distant chord and sure enough, she had contacted me about a website I had created on the fledgling internet then called, The Singing Voice.

>

I decided to check the address provided (http://www.geocities.come/Vienna/Strasse/2200) on The Internet Archive. At some point I had moved the website, but had kept the "Singing" article from The New Grove, that I had gotten a license to publish. When Oxford bought The New Grove from Macmillan they rescinded the license so I removed the article, but as we know the internet is forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment