03 October 2021

Beauty and the Beast 1994 (Not Disney)

Stephanie Arrigotti asked me to direct the children's show for Western Nevada that Spring of 1994. Disney's animated film of Beauty and the Beast had come out in 1991 and I had found a musical version put out by Samuel French that we thought the kids would enjoy. 

We were also working on Camelot which is why I was growing the beard in the photo. I remember Lynne Heller and Tracie Moore helped me immensely as we had so many kids try out that we triple cast the show. 

In the article below from WNCC's newsletter Westwind (12:6, March 16, 1994), Stephanie mentions that there were "at least 162 children..." That was a crazy time looking back. Chip Abbott who played The Beast in the 8-10 year old cast later became a dancer and choreographer on Broadway.

No comments:

Post a Comment