07 October 2021

My Fair Lady 1994

In the Fall of 1994 Western Nevada College rebranded their musical theatre program as Western Nevada Musical Theatre Co., and produced the Lerner and Loewe favorite, My Fair Lady, based on George Bernard Shaw's play, Pygmalion. I again did the vocal direction, and was interested in possibly doing the role of Henry Higgins, but was cast as Eliza's love interest, Freddy Eynsford-Hill. He has a great song that I had used for auditions before, "On the Street Where You Live." It was fun to work with Lizbeth Niven, who I later worked with several times in various shows.

The Reno paper had a nice promo feature on our show and we had some great audiences. I thought I maybe had some more pictures than this promo shot in front of the Capitol in downtown Carson City. Will have to look some more. Apparently I hadn't cut my hair yet from Superstar.

No comments:

Post a Comment