12 September 2021

A Midsummer Night's Dream 1987

 In the Spring of 1987 Illinois Opera Theatre produced Benjamin Britten's A Midsummer Night's Dream. David Gately returned to direct. I played the role of Peter Quince, one of the rustics, and mostly just remember how difficult the musical score was for that piece.

The local paper gave us a decent review. They didn't always review our shows. Also about this time I had been looking into apprenticeships and other summer opportunities. Got a nice rejection letter from Des Moines Metro Opera and a letter offering me an audition for the Dorian Opera summer program that was run by my former voice teacher at Luther, Dave Greedy. I may have auditioned for them, I don't recall now, but I did a few years later get a chance to work with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment