16 September 2021

Little Night Music 1988

My last show with Illinois Opera Theatre was A Little Night Music, my third time playing Henrik Egerman. I would probably have been upset if Maestro Flint didn't cast me, since he was the one that got me the job at Augusta. The guest director was Dominic Missimi, and Voice Faculty member Ron Hedlund played my father, the lawyer Fredrik Egerman. Again we did a two-week run in the summer and repeated it in the fall. I'm not sure why they changed the program covers. They had a cool poster with a kind of art deco feel.

Looks like we also had a different actor, Scott Cheffer, playing the Count.

I got to be good friends with Deb Landon and Stacy Simons who played Anne and Petra and were also roommates. Stacy also ended up teaching with me at Millikin for a while.

I recently reconnected with Ron Hedlund on Facebook and found out his wife, Barbara, had uploaded videos of our production to Youtube. Unfortunately, I am unable to embed those here, but below are the links.

A Little Night Music, Act I.

A Little Night Music, Act II.

No comments:

Post a Comment