17 September 2021

Oklahoma! 1988-89

The Fall of 1988 was tough in many respects. I took my final doctoral exams, and after 2 eight hour days of writing, and a 3 hour oral exam, I passed.

I was still driving down to Decatur to teach at Millikin at least twice a week. Then in November I also started a 12-week run of Oklahoma! at the Sunshine Dinner Playhouse in Champaign. This time I was playing Will Parker instead of Curly which was fun.

The local paper gave us a great review.

Mary Mahoney and I as Ado Annie and Will Parker.

Below are a few shots of the cast.

Unfortunately my marriage didn't survive work, school, and shows, and after six years Amy and I got divorced in early January of 1989. I moved to Decatur during the run of Oklahoma! and there were a group of us: Karen Olson, Roger Seyer, Carolyn Kent, and I that would carpool up to Champaign for the shows.

No comments:

Post a Comment